The long-awaited whip for the Zephyr Ion Vaporizer is finally here and available in our store. A last minute delay with our silicon supplier pushed the released date back into December, but now the whips are in-stock and ready to ship!
In the spirit of the holiday season, we’d like to thank our loyal customers for patiently bearing with us while we worked to release the whip. To reward your patience, we’re offering a free whip to all existing owners. To claim your free whip, please fill out this form and we will mail you a coupon code good for a free whip for your Ion.
We’ll be the first to admit that it’s taken us way too long to release the whip for the Zephyr Ion. After all, it is a pretty simple accessory compared to the engineering that has gone into the Ion itself.
So we’re excited to announce that the official Zephyr Ion Whip is scheduled for release this month! Our first production run has been finished and the whips are en route to our warehouse. As soon as we have an exact release date, we will post an update, but it looks like sometime towards the end of next week.
Thank you to all of our loyal customers for your patience. We will be offering a deal on the whip for all current Zephyr Ion owners as a token of our appreciation. In the meantime, check out some pictures of our prototype below.
The final whip will be approximately 5 ft. long.
The whip on the Zephyr Ion.
Close up of the fitting between the whip and the straw on the Zephyr Ion.
Many thanks to James at Neufutur Magazine for his excellent review of the Zephyr Ion. An excerpt is below as well as a link to check out the full review. Operate a website and interested in reviewing the Zephyr Ion Vaporizer? Please contact us to coordinate.
The Zephyr Ion is an herbal vaporizer that is the best in its class. The Ion is a bag system meaning that the vapor from the herbs placed inside the machine is fully converted to vapor in the bag. The Ion has a temperature control, ensuring that all sorts of herbal matter (numerous varietals) can be vaporized. The system utilizes a red – green coloration that provides great ease in determining whether the machine has reached a proper temperature. The mouthpiece that is provided has a squeeze control, so that individuals can open and close the bag at their own leisure. While the vapor can become stale while in one of these bags (over the course of an hour) the ability to go and hold on to the container for a distinct length of time ensures greater conversion of the active ingredients from the plant material. Placing the bag on the Ion is very easy.
The future is here: the Zephyr Ion is the first vaporizer on the market that can be controlled from wherever you are! With the beta release of the remote start USB software for the Zephyr Ion Vaporizer, it is now possible to control your Ion from anywhere you are via your smartphone and a remote access app.
Follow the steps below to set up your Ion for remote control from your phone:
1) Sign up to beta test the USB remote start software.
2) Once you have been sent a copy of the software, follow the instructions provided to install it, connect your Ion, and test that it can be controlled from your computer.
3) Download TeamViewer for PC and install it on the computer to which your Ion is connected.
4) Download the TeamViewer app for your smartphone or tablet and install.
5) Follow the instructions on page 10 of the TeamViewer manual to set up a remote connection between your computer and smartphone or tablet.
6) Once the connection is configured, connect to your computer from wherever you happen to be and control your Zephyr Ion by opening Vaporizer.exe and adjusting power and temperature settings. Please note that you will need to leave your Ion plugged into your computer’s USB port and leave the computer powered on for this to work.
That’s it. Welcome to the future of vaporizing!
With the start of the New Year, we’ve been reflecting on 2013 and looking forward to 2014. This past year has been a good one that saw many exciting developments at Zephyr. But before we get to those, we want to express our sincere appreciation for our fans. We are deeply grateful for your support and the fact that it allows us to dedicate ourselves to providing the highest quality aromatherapy products and customer support. Thanks to each and all!
Significant events over the past year have included:
- Free Zephyr Ion giveaways. We gave away two free Ions during 2013. many thanks to all who participated and another congrats to our two winners: Kyle from Rhode Island and Kimo from Minnesota, who won on his birthday. We’ll be doing more giveaways during 2014, so keep an eye on our Facebook page and Twitter feed for those announcements.
- Liquid pad for essential oils. We released a stainless steel mesh liquid pad for use with essential oils. A liquid pad is also now included with every Ion that we sell. Additional liquid pads can be purchased here.
- Beta release of USB software for Ion. We debuted a beta version of the Ion’s remote start USB software. If you have not had a chance to try it out, you can still sign up to beta test. We aim to release a final version in 2014. A big thanks to all who have signed up and reported on their user experience!
- Improved quality. Quality is something that we take very seriously at Zephyr Vaporizers, so we were happy to announce that our defect rate on production runs during 2013 was below 1%.
- Updated packaging and instruction manual. We updated our packaging for the Zephyr Ion and have been loving the new blue look. What do you think? We also revised the Ion’s manual with better instructions and other new information.
- Replacing missing Ions for customers that had sent their Ions in for warranty repair, but had not received them back. We are dedicated to providing replacements for all missing Ions. If you sent your Ion to be serviced in late 2010 and have not received it back, please contact us.
We have exciting things planned for 2014 as well. Stay tuned for those announcements. And last, but not least:
Happy New Year!