The future is here: the Zephyr Ion is the first vaporizer on the market that can be controlled from wherever you are! With the beta release of the remote start USB software for the Zephyr Ion Vaporizer, it is now possible to control your Ion from anywhere you are via your smartphone and a remote access app.
Follow the steps below to set up your Ion for remote control from your phone:
1) Sign up to beta test the USB remote start software.
2) Once you have been sent a copy of the software, follow the instructions provided to install it, connect your Ion, and test that it can be controlled from your computer.
3) Download TeamViewer for PC and install it on the computer to which your Ion is connected.
4) Download the TeamViewer app for your smartphone or tablet and install.
5) Follow the instructions on page 10 of the TeamViewer manual to set up a remote connection between your computer and smartphone or tablet.
6) Once the connection is configured, connect to your computer from wherever you happen to be and control your Zephyr Ion by opening Vaporizer.exe and adjusting power and temperature settings. Please note that you will need to leave your Ion plugged into your computer’s USB port and leave the computer powered on for this to work.
That’s it. Welcome to the future of vaporizing!
With the start of the New Year, we’ve been reflecting on 2013 and looking forward to 2014. This past year has been a good one that saw many exciting developments at Zephyr. But before we get to those, we want to express our sincere appreciation for our fans. We are deeply grateful for your support and the fact that it allows us to dedicate ourselves to providing the highest quality aromatherapy products and customer support. Thanks to each and all!
Significant events over the past year have included:
- Free Zephyr Ion giveaways. We gave away two free Ions during 2013. many thanks to all who participated and another congrats to our two winners: Kyle from Rhode Island and Kimo from Minnesota, who won on his birthday. We’ll be doing more giveaways during 2014, so keep an eye on our Facebook page and Twitter feed for those announcements.
- Liquid pad for essential oils. We released a stainless steel mesh liquid pad for use with essential oils. A liquid pad is also now included with every Ion that we sell. Additional liquid pads can be purchased here.
- Beta release of USB software for Ion. We debuted a beta version of the Ion’s remote start USB software. If you have not had a chance to try it out, you can still sign up to beta test. We aim to release a final version in 2014. A big thanks to all who have signed up and reported on their user experience!
- Improved quality. Quality is something that we take very seriously at Zephyr Vaporizers, so we were happy to announce that our defect rate on production runs during 2013 was below 1%.
- Updated packaging and instruction manual. We updated our packaging for the Zephyr Ion and have been loving the new blue look. What do you think? We also revised the Ion’s manual with better instructions and other new information.
- Replacing missing Ions for customers that had sent their Ions in for warranty repair, but had not received them back. We are dedicated to providing replacements for all missing Ions. If you sent your Ion to be serviced in late 2010 and have not received it back, please contact us.
We have exciting things planned for 2014 as well. Stay tuned for those announcements. And last, but not least:
Happy New Year!
We’re excited to announce the results of our Zephyr Ion giveaway! The response has been tremendous and while we wish we could give a free Ion to all everyone who entered, we had to select one winner at random to receive the prize.
We’d like to congratulate Kyle P. of Rhode Island on being our lucky winner. Your Ion is on the way, Kyle. We hope you enjoy it!
We’d also like to congratulate our runners-up, who were selected at random to receive a coupon good for $200 off the purchase of a Zephyr Ion aromatherapy vaporizer. If you have been selected as a runner up, we have sent an email with the coupon code and details on how to redeem it. The coupon can be used at our online store or by calling us at 888-393-7497.
A big thanks to all who participated! Hearing from our customers and getting to know them is one of our favorite parts of the business. We greatly value your support and have enjoyed this chance to give something back.
Stay tuned for more giveaways in coming months!
Win a free Zephyr Ion vaporizer by subscribing to our newsletter before June 1st!
When we talk to our customers, they often mention how much they enjoy their Ions. Nothing could make us happier than hearing this. We greatly appreciate such kind words and support. In the spirit of giving back, we’re excited to announce that we are offering a Zephyr Ion to one lucky winner.
Normally priced at $459.99, a brand new Ion could be yours for free! All you have to do to enter the giveaway is subscribe to our newsletter (below) before June 1st. We will announce the winner by June 8th. Good luck!
Sign up for Updates from Zephyr Vaporizers
If your basket washer, keeps coming out, push up on the outsides and down on the center when closing the lid.
Sometimes the reason that the basket washer keeps falling out is due to the stiffness of the hinge pins on brand new Ions. Because there is less play in new hinge pins, the rear edge of the basket can touch the rear edge of the basket washer and pop the washer out.
To close the lid without the washer popping out, push down on the wide center of the hinge that is attached the Ion itself with your thumb and pull up on the two narrow outside parts of the hinge that are attached to the lid with two of your fingers. As you are doing this, gently close the lid. As the hinge pins wear, this problem typical resolves itself.
For more info, please visit our FAQs section.